Please welcome to the floor our newlyweds!
So what song have you chosen for your first dance? Lots of couples have their song that they’ll go to – you know, the song that has a nostalgic or romantic meaning for them. But what if you don’t? How do you choose your song?
Romantic, upbeat, funky, smoochy or rock ‘n roll – a first dance can be whatever you want it to be, so make it unique and as individual as you are. You can use this list as a starting point or troll through the loads of posts about top wedding songs.
1. Can’t help falling in love has been sung by so many artists but my favourite is by Hayley Reinhart
2. All of me by John Legend with perfect lines like ‘you’re my end and my beginning’!
3. You’re my best friend by Queen is a fun, upbeat song and will set the mood for getting everyone to join you on the dance floor.
4. At last by Etta James is an absolute classic that tells the story of finding that one true love.
5. You’re the first, the last my everything by Barry White but make sure you choose the version from his Ultimate album that starts with the funky bit.
6. Signed, sealed delivered by Blue is a bit different to some of the other versions, and I love it.
7. This I promise you by Ronan Keating
8. I choose you by Ryann Darling has beautiful lyrics, great for a slow cuddle dance.
9. Everything by Michael Bublé is a perfect song for those with romantic hearts, making it a perfect song for your first dance.
10. Love someone by Lukas Graham is a go to song for many couples with beautiful lyrics.
11. I’m yours by Jason Mraz a cheerful little song.
12. How sweet it is to be loved by you by James Taylor a classic sung by many artists.
13. You’ve got the love by Florence + The Machines was the song played at my daughter’s wedding so a bit of a favourite.
14. Can’t take my eyes off of you by Franki Valli is another go to song and gets everyone singing in the chorus.
15. Unchained melody by The Righteous Brothers is the ultimate first dance song and will have everyone reaching for the tissues.
When you’ve chosen your song it’s time to think about how you’re going to do the dance, because you know everyone is going to be watching you. Couples are getting more creative with their wedding dances, but do you have too? Well you can if you have the time, the money and want to have a well-rehearsed and choreographed dance that will leave your guests smiling and totally impressed.
But if it’s not your thing, search to see what first dances others have uploaded onto social media or just do what most couples do (and have been doing for years) – shuffle around together, look into each other’s eyes, and throw in a twirl here and there!
There’s one thing for sure, your first dance is guaranteed to get you and your guests feeling all warm and fuzzy, and in the mood to dance the rest of the night away!